Well, I guess that's not exactly true, I remember winning an award for "Most Athletic" in a vacation summer program in a school across the street from our house the summer I was nine. But I found out later from my brother that the school had made a mistake and that award was really supposed to go to my sister Diane (she was the athletic one while I was definitely not), the summer program director had mixed up the names, so I guess that award doesn't count. But there really was one little something I was awarded, it was a little pin for having "Best Penmanship" in the fifth grade. And that really was mine to keep.
But I most definitely have never won anything for maintaining a blog before! I have been bestowed the honor of the "Honest Scrap" award by Marcy from Blessings Each Day and I thank her from the bottom of my heart! I can see why Marcy was awarded Honest Scrap because Marcy's blog is one of the most honest, and most uplifting blogs, and truly I am in the presence of pure goodness when I am visiting her blog! I am honored that Marcy would choose me to receive this.
Now on to the rules of acceptance.
1. Say thanks for the award and give a link to the presenter.
2. Share ten honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to seven other blogs.
4. Tell them of this award and the rules.
Now Ten Honest Things About Myself:
1. ~ I did not feel bad about my brother saying the athletic award really belonged to Diane, in fact, during the presentation I felt bad that I had won something and she didn't, and I also felt like "HUH?????" when my name was called for an 'athletic' award. But I did always feel bad that I was not at all athletic. When choosing teams, I was last to be called (or not at all), and when a teacher forced a team to take me there were lots of moans and groans.
2. ~ I have a bad habit of judging people on appearance and I am trying hard to correct that. (Not so much if they are dressed shabbily or if they seem poor, it's just the opposite, I feel like if they are 'put together' or they seem like they have money, I say they must be snobs!)
3. ~ As a child I had to 'force' myself to be good. It did not come naturally to me, I had to talk myself into doing the right thing. (Sometimes I still do.)
4. ~ I am afraid my past will come back to haunt me.
5. ~ I am a homebody and have no desire to roam.
6. ~ I like Sarah Palin. I don't agree with her on everything, but I like the woman. There, I've said it. I've outed myself now.
7. ~ That being said, I despise politics and I have no faith in politicians, I feel that most politicians will say anything just to get elected. I vote only because I feel an obligation to vote, I feel that not to vote would be a slap in the face to all those who have sacrificed for my right to vote, and that is the only reason I vote.
8. ~ I MORE than merely love my grandchildren. There is no word that I know of in the English language that could convey the feeling I have in my heart for my grandchildren.
9. ~ I want my Mom back. There is a hole in my very being without her.
10. ~ I truly was lost (spiritually) and gratefully was found.
And I happily want to pass this Award onto seven bloggers that I find so inspiring and enriching, I check their blogs each and every day hoping to see a new post:
1. Jerelene from Jerelene's Journal 2. Jill at Grandma Honey 3. Bernie at On My Own 4. Lara at A Vintage Touch 5. Carol at Charli and Me 6. Sandy at Beach Girl 77 7. Cathy at Bit O Blarney
I love my life. There is not one person I can think of that I would want to change places with. The older I get the more comfortable I am with myself, and each day makes me more grateful for the Blessings God Has Bestowed on me. Truly, my cup runneth over.