I have been given the honor of the Premio Meme Award by Jackie, her blog is great and filled with beautiful pictures and fun facts!
The rules for accepting this award are simple: List seven facts about myself. Pass the award on to seven other blogs.
Seven facts: 1. A piece of junk that someone spots in the garbage and retrieves for me because they think I will like it, is equal in value to me (probably more, to tell the truth) as someone giving me a very expensive gift.
2. I am not smart. School was always a struggle for me. I was left back in first grade, I had barely passing grades all through the rest of elementary school and high school, I was happy to graduate high school and had no ambition to further my education.
3. I have had only three jobs in my whole life. I worked in the meat department of a supermarket in my teen years. I graduated high school on a Friday night, and Monday morning I went to work for McCall's Magazine in their Advertising Dept. processing orders in the morning and helping with the lay-out in the afternoons. I only worked there about two years (until a month before my first baby was born) but I loved it! When my youngest son was about twelve I was offered a job as a teacher's aide in a Kindergarten classroom (I did that for about seven years). That was the most fun ever!
4. I have always wanted to work in a Shabby Chic type store.
5. I have never felt that I needed a job title or a career to define myself and I feel sorry for people who do. While I do think careers are an accomplishment, and definitely something to be admired, I don't think anymore of a doctor or a lawyer than I do of the people that may clean their offices, or clean their operating rooms. In fact, I hold the people who clean up after the professionals in higher esteem (I'm a snob that way).
6. I would rather eat 'junk' food than 'healthy' food.
7. The morning that my first son was born I had to admit to my obstetrician that my breakfast was a bowl of Cocoa Puffs. I remember the conversation like it was yesterday (it was over thirty-five years ago!): Dr. "Eileen, did you have breakfast this morning?" Me "Yes, I did." Dr. "Was it a big breakfast?" Me "I had a bowl of cereal." Dr. "Was it hot cereal or cold cereal?" Me "It was cold cereal." Dr. "And what brand was it?" Me "Cocoa Puffs." Dr. "Cocoa what?" (sounding stunned) Me "Cocoa Puffs" Dr. "What is that? Some type of children's cereal?" (sounding incredulous) Me "Yes, it's a kid's cereal." Dr. "Well, let's try to eat better." (this time with a little smile on his face) I don't eat Cocoa Puffs anymore, but I do prefer a bowl of cold cereal for breakfast every morning (only now it's Life Cereal I eat, every morning).
Now, I'd like to pass this award on to the following blogs: (If you already have it, well, now you have two! And only if you want it, if not, no hard feelings.)
I love my life. There is not one person I can think of that I would want to change places with. The older I get the more comfortable I am with myself, and each day makes me more grateful for the Blessings God Has Bestowed on me. Truly, my cup runneth over.