Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Forgot About Wordful Wednesday!

I'm late! I'm late!
I'm late for an important date!
(okay, forgive me, I stole that from Alice In Wonderland!)

But have no fear
Eileen is here!
(Okay, that was taken from the Adventures of Superman I think, or maybe it was Underdog!)

I forgot to rhyme
Due to my pool slime

I had pool on the brain
It made everything else drain

Marcy and Diana did each write a poem
It made me feel like I had to bemoan

The fact that I'm scatter-brained
Is the thing that I've claimed

Forgive me my memory loss
And please don't be cross!

8 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you feel scatterbrained! I don't feel so all alone! You did a fine job Eileen even with forgetting about wordful Wednesday! It's not easy is it? I'm off to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have good poets among us...
    some have it down to a T
    so why would we make such a fuss?
    Our...loss...of...memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Diana, I am very scatterbrained! I'll walk into a room to fetch something and forget what it is I wanted to retrieve! It's scary sometimes. Especially when I think of my Mom with the Alzheimer's.
    I'm hoping I can just chalk it up to menopause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda, that was great for something done on the fly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here goes trying to comment from Michael's computer (mine which is routed WITH his to the Internet, will NOT connect at all!) Something is wacko here, for sure.

    Your poem is just perfect...you are a born poet.

    Whoo hoo...my PC just came up connected, but now I want to see who I am on here...if I don't know who I am, will you tell me???

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that!! How many times have you seen underdog? I've seen it quite a few times myself :) You've had pool on the brain!! That is so funny!! You can come have supper with me..I'd rather go swimming at your house!! Your pool and deck are gorgeous...Love, Jerelene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen, ok so I am giving you first prize and I have had fun reading these poems....I will join you all next week....when I think of something chic.......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone!
    This was fun, but I don't know if I have a poem-a-week in me! This is going to be very interesting!

    ReplyDelete