Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Favorites

This week I am going to share a few of my favorite Bible verses among other things. These three favorites are all from The New Testament and they are self-explanatory.

The first is John 3:16 ~
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The next is Luke 18:16 ~
But Jesus called them unto Him, and said, "Suffer little children to come unto Me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God"

And the last one today is John 8:10 & 11 ~
10 ~ When Jesus had lifted up Himself, and saw none but the woman, He said unto her, "Woman, where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee?"
11 ~ She said, "No man, Lord." And Jesus said unto her, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."


I'd also like to share one of my favorite books with you:
A Prayer For Owen Meany ~ by John Irving.
This story was a little quirky but I liked this book a lot because it dealt with matters of Faith, and a belief that everyone has a purpose, and that everything in life happens for a reason.

I also liked very much the movie based on this book ~ Simon Birch.



Another favorite I'd like to share is my favorite flower ~ the tulip.




One last favorite I'd like to share is something I bought from the Janet Hill Studio at Esty (you can check out Janet's talent for yourself on her blog):

Isn't this sweet? I'm going to hang it in my back room overlooking the pool. Something about this piece called out to me.
The title of the piece is 'Francis Models Her Bathing Cap', and Janet spelled Francis with an 'i' instead of an 'e', and my Dad's name was Francis (my middle name is Frances), so that definitely was one thing that spoke to me. And it also evoked memories for me, I remember those bathing caps with the flowers on them (but I did not like them very much at all), I do love her little skirted bathing suit though, and the colors are so striking. And Francis exudes such confidence in her new bathing cap! It's as if, for at least this moment, all is right in Francis' world.
Thank you, Janet Hill, for creating Francis!

Weekend Forecast:

Saturday ~ Paint Living Room
Sunday ~ Ray's nephew Christian graduates from High School and we'll be attending a party for him!
Have a great weekend everyone!

18 comments:

  1. That's a perfect picture to put by the pool! Keep us posted on how your painting the living room goes. I'd love to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I actually remember wearing a bathing suit and bathing hat just like whats in your picture. I never looked that good though, a beautiful picture which can go in almost spot you desire, but as Jill said, by the pool sounds perfect. Good luck with your busy weekend and enjoy it with your family and friends......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Eileen...I noticed the tulips were PINK!...Hope you have a pink weekend...Smile and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it an original or a copy?
    dhoff

    ReplyDelete
  5. D ~ It's an original. It's small, about the size of standard looseleaf paper. I don't have the room to hang anything big.
    Go to her blog. I think you would like some of her house paintings, and outdoor paintings. The things I've seen that she sells through Esty are reasonable. She has much bigger paintings that are very expensive and sold through an art gallery in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your comments! And, yes, Jill, I will post progress on the paint project.
    And, Bernie, I had a suit like that too, it was more of a little sailor style, and I never looked that good either! And I HATED if my Mom made us wear a bathing cap or if the pool rules insisted on it!
    Wanda, I do love pink tulips and yellow tulips, and also yellow roses are one of my favorites.
    I meant to ask everybody what their favorite flower was! Drat, I forgot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sooo creative Eileen, with everything, even your Friday favorites. I love that you included Scripture readings, will have to try that also. LOVE those gorgeous tulips as pink is in my top 3 favorite colors!
    Your painting features my favorite color which is green...how special that it has extra meaning in it for you plus it looks so pretty. Can we see it where you hang it?

    Have written down your book to put on my list of books to read. Have you read The Shack yet? Both Michael and I enjoyed it.

    blessings and lots of hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Marcy, and yes, once I get the painting I will post a picture of it hanging in it's new home.

    And The Shack is listed as one of my favorite books in my profile, that was another quirky one, but one that I liked very much, and one that I already shared the same beliefs as the author. Along the same lines of A Prayer For Owen Meany, the belief that everything happens for a reason. There are parts of both books that I could have done without, but all in all, I loved their message!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful and inspiring verses. Thank you so much. Tulips are one of my favorite flowers too ♥ The ainting si so pretty. I have not read that book or seen the movie but I have added it to my list. You asked about Charli, Charli is for the most part very well behaved,at least with me, but not so much with hubby. She thinks of him more like a friend :>) Schnauzers in general are very smart. They can also be stubborn, moodly, and opinionated LOL That's why I love her so much. Life around our house is never dull LOL I hope you have a great weekend. A graduation is a wonderful reason to celebrate and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Eileen again I messed up and forgot Friday favorites! Maybe I will do that later. My son's name is Francis. Of coarse he likes to be called Frank!
    I loved your favorites today. All of them. The picture is very nice. I love pictures of women as I think they often reflect how I feel. Maybe I will post some of those.
    I tried planting tulips but no matter how deep I plant them, the little furry rats (squirrels) dig them up!
    Your favorite scripture verses were beautiful as well. I will have to find some that are my favorites. There are so many though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Carol, and thanks for filling me in on Charli! And I agree about happy celebrations, I love getting together with my family and Ray's too!

    Diana, you don't always have to do Friday Favorites, although I do love seeing what everyone loves! I enjoyed your post today very much!
    I would be interested in seeing your pictures though, you've got my curiosity up.
    We had tulips and daffodils that came up every year, but now NOTHING! Maybe it was squirrels. The crocus still comes up anyway.
    I'd love to hear your favorite scripture readings. I'd love to hear everybody's favorite Bible verses.!
    We should all get together one day and do a post about that (both Old Testament and New Testament).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Eileen,
    I really liked that you put in your favorite Bible Scriptures, John 3:16 is one of my favorite too! I also like tulips, but never seem to get them planted, my favorite are daisys. The painting is wonderful, and is perfet for the area by the pool. I think Friday Favorites is a fun way to end the week! We should make it a tradition, and we get to learn a little more about each other. Thank you too for your kind comments on my blog. (((HUGS)))) T

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pink tulips!! My oldest daughter is very into vintage..she loves vintage dresses and just earlier today we were looking at a vintage dress and swimsuit website. The picture is very pretty!! Thanks for visiting me at my blog! Love, Jerelene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Teresa, thanks for visiting! I liked all your favorites too, and some of us were saying the same thing about a fun way to learn more about each other. Marcy was saying about each of writing about our grandmothers (or even a favorite relative from the past), I thought even a favorite memory maybe.
    Anyway, I enjoyed reading your post too.
    'Hope things are going a little better for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, Jerelene, nice to hear from you, I was glad you posted again!
    Your daughter sounds like a girl from my own heart! It's funny how some people look at things from the past as something to love and cherish and others just see 'junk'! I'm glad she has an appreciation for vintage.
    Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the picture at the top..welcome sun, sand, starfish, and seashells. I LOVE the picture of Francis, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The tulips are lovely! Thank you for stopping by my home place...Have a grand weekend! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, you are a lucky gal to nab this painting - it is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete