Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday ~ He Is Risen!


Today is the Feast of Victory!












Matthew 28:6 He is not here: for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.


A very happy day, a day to rejoice and celebrate Christ’ Victory, Easter is our Salvation, it is a celebration of our joyful reunion with God.
My favorite Easter song is the Hymn of Praise This Is The Feast, I love this song, it is Christ Triumphant:

This is the Feast of Victory for our God.
Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia.
Worthy is Christ, the Lamb Who was slain,
Whose blood set us free to be people of God.

Power, riches, wisdom and strength, and honor, blessing, and glory are His.
Sing with all the people of God, and join in the hymn of all creation:
This is the Feast of Victory for our God.
Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!

Blessing, honor, glory and might be to God and the Lamb forever. Amen.
For the Lamb who was slain has begun His reign. Alleluia.
This is the Feast of Victory for our God.
Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!



A Happy, Blessed Easter to All!



EASTER MEMORIES

Our parents always made special days extra special for us. I don’t know how Mom and Dad did it with seven kids, Mom always says we didn’t have much when the kids were all little, but we never realized it. I have so many, many wonderful Easter memories:
Family dinners, house full of company, Easter baskets, coloring eggs, hunting for eggs next door in Aunt Florence and Uncle Tom’s back yard, hunting for chocolate foil wrapped eggs inside our house, Easter outfits and new spring coats, purple toppers, Easter bonnets, new patent leather Mary Janes and pocketbooks to match, posing for pictures, walking to morning Mass, chocolate Crosses, stuffed bunnies, new covers for our St. Joseph Missals, new Rosary Beads (inside little pastel eggs), new Scapulars too, Easter Lilies, and Hyacinths, and Mom singing Irving Berlin’s Easter Parade.

I look back on those early Easter Sundays and sometimes it makes me long for ‘home’, the home of my childhood, my beginning, where life was simple and undemanding, where Mom and Dad made everything extra special.

But most times I’m happy to be right where I am and the yearning for long ago is very far away. I have been truly Blessed, through each stage of my life I have been surrounded by family and friends who mean so much to me. I’ve been Blessed with love, and I’ve been Blessed with Faith, and I am Blessed to have such wonderful Easter memories from my childhood.
I also carry in my heart the memories of my own children enjoying Holydays, and today on this Easter Sunday I will enjoy making more memories for myself and seeing my grandchildren make memories of their own.

A Happy, Blessed Easter to All!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Eileen,
    We are Lutheran which I have always said is a Catholic once removed! Anyway we too sing "This Is The Feast" and it has always been my favorite as well.We also sing it during our Divine Service #2. Hope you and your family have another memorable Easter. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a very beautiful Mass too. Thank you for sharing your memories and reminding me because now I remembered my mom singing "Easter Parade" to me. She was one of seven also, but I was an only child and I wish I had siblings to share memories with, but you jogged my memory like a sister would, even about the coats and bonnets and chocolate bunnies. In some ways it was like having all those kids because we never had much (probably in part because of my father's bankrupt business when I was a toddler), so what we did have was really appreciated.

    blessings in abundance,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete