Monday, April 20, 2009

Counting My Blessings In The Cold

It’s cold and it’s windy, and after having a beautiful weekend of warm weather, I am dreading the thought of donning winter gear to go out to take Jayden to school now. And I know Jayden is dreading going out in it too, he’s just saying to me now, “It’s too cold to go out there, maybe I should stay home from school today!” I can’t say I blame him, I’d like to stay in the house today too, although I think his reasoning has more to do with the fact that he just doesn’t want to go to school, especially after having spent a nice week of freedom at home with nothing to do but play over the Easter vacation!

So I’m digging out winter hats, mittens, gloves, and scarves after having just packed them away for the spring and summer! Oh well. Spring will come and this will be only a memory. I am feeling sorry for the geraniums in the pots that we just put out along the walkway and out on the front porch and back deck yesterday though, they look cold bracing themselves against the wind. And the baskets in the back are being blown furiously back and forth! But I guess they can use the rain. I’d much rather be out there in the sun though, with my little watering can giving them a drink.

Well, I learned from a very wise blogger, Marcy, to look for the Blessings in everything, so I’m feeling very Blessed today as I bundle us up to walk in the wind, and the rain, and the cold, and I will continue to count my Blessings every step of the way! Thank you, Marcy!

3 comments:

  1. You are too cute, Eileen and I am humbled by your praise because I know that I am just God's "work in progress" and it's a great thing to be because it's growth.

    Thank you for being you.

    blessings, my friend,
    marcy

    p.s. I'm praying some sunshine and warmth your way too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen,
    Soon we will be in our sunny yards,digging and playing once again. We had lots of rain yesterday, thunder and lightening. I kept wondering if the mama bird was scared. I'm praying that Marcys prayers come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh if we only had your weather today. We are in the 90s. I can never get enough winter, probably because it does not last long around here.

    ReplyDelete