Monday, September 26, 2011

A Prayer For Eóghan Harry

This strong little man who has been eating, voiding, and moving his bowels so well is now having a little trouble. He was vomiting blood so he's been transferred to the NICU, where he is having his stomach pumped, deprived of any food by mouth, his only nutrition is IV fluids, and he is not very happy. But even so, he is easily soothed by a little song or poem, a stroke of the head, and lots of loving, and he calms right down and goes back to sleep:



Look at this BIG BOY! And he's a fighter! Pulling out all his tubes!


I sang him my little "Grandma's Baby" song and told him how much his Grandma loves him, and I think he understood:

(Is that not a smile?!! Yes, I do believe Eóghan smiled at me!)


I love baby's profiles.
And I ask you ~ is this not one of the sweetest profiles?



Initial tests and an x-ray show no blockage, so that's a very good sign. Now they are in the process of emptying his stomach, and sometime over the next twenty-four hours they will re-introduce "food" (which I think will make Eóghan very happy!), and we'll see what happens.



If you could remember to say a prayer for Eóghan we'd appreciate it.

5 comments:

  1. Of course we will. He will have a great story to tell his own kids one day and he won't even remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Eileen ... how precious your Eoghan! May God lay His healing hands around him & heal his issues. Eoghan is just beautiful. Prayers are lifting for sure.

    Have a great week.
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. A smile for sure! He has one of the most beautifully shaped heads I've seen - and such a sweet profile.

    Can't wait to hear that he begins taking in the food and thriving. Of course, I'll keep praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Eileen - I will pray hard and often - my heart is aching.
    Love Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH no. Eileen, I know you are worried, and it is so hard watching your sweet little grandson in his new world having these struggles. I have already begun praying for him, and for all of you. Hang in there and let us know, okay?

    ReplyDelete