Saturday, November 6, 2010

Recipe For Jill

My friend Jill asked me to post a recipe for a chicken dish from my last post, and I'm sorry to say that I lost the original recipe, but I will post the recipe altered and as I made it (due to the fact that some of my family members are picky eaters).

Easy One-Dish Chicken/Sausage/Potato:




Ingredients
(adjust for crowd size ~ this recipe filled two big baking dishes)

2 T regular olive oil
16 Chicken Thighs
1 and 1/2 lb. Sausage (Nigella's recipe called for Chorizo sausage but I used sweet Italian sausages cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 pkg. new potatoes (cut into quarters)
2 red onions (peeled and chopped)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
Grated Orange Zest

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Put oil in the bottom of roasting tin (1 T in each tin)
Rub the skin of the chicken in the oil then turn skin side up (8 chicken pieces in each tin)

Divide the sausage and potatoes between the two tins.
Sprinkle the onion and oregano over each tin, then grate the orange zest over the contents of the two tins.

Cook 1 hour, swap the top tray with the bottom tray after 30 minutes.

I also made a big salad. This recipe is supposed to serve eight, we had seven adults (I made chicken strips and macaroni & cheese for the three children that were here), and there was not a scrap left!

7 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and easy. You are a good cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI EILEEN-

    Great recipe - I do a variation of it and now will try it with some orange zest. The picture of it looks so yummy.Also, I would so serve myself up a plate of what the kids were eating too. :-)
    Love you
    Gail'
    peace and good food

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound good.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU THANK YOU Eileen!!!! I can't wait to try it when I get home...we are traveling right now. It looks wonderful and sounds so easy! I like recipes that can be made in one big pan and then supplemented with salads, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grrrrr...third time trying to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great Eileen, did you have to brown the sausage first? I would like to try this.
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Everyone!
    And, Jill, you are very welcome! I love easy dishes too, and my friend Jan has given me so many wonderful one-dish meals, many made right on the stovetop, I will publish them every once in awhile for you.
    And don't go trying to give me a heart attack, Marcy by leaving a comment here!
    Di, I didn't have to brown the sausage first, that's the beauty of this dish, everything thrown in a pan and then into the oven for an hour. It's great!

    Love you all!
    I'm off to Mass now.
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete