Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

'Wishing you all a very 'Happy Thanksgiving' ! I hope you get to enjoy good food and good company, and may this Thanksgiving be another added Blessing to your life!




I am so thankful for the family, friends, love and Blessings that encircle me. I'm thankful for my home and I'm thankful for having had the Blessing of two amazing parents. I'm thankful for my country and the freedoms I enjoy, and I'm thankful for our military. I'm thankful for all who labor to keep me and mine safe. I'm thankful that I have my children and grandchildren close by, and I'm thankful for the Blessing of being surrounded by extended family. I'm thankful for the wonderful memories I hold of loved ones that have passed. I am grateful for all the experiences in my life, the bad along with the good, for both the bad and the good have brought me to where I am supposed to be on this journey. I'm thankful for the gift of Faith, and I'm especially thankful for God's all-consuming Love.



And I am so thankful for the Blessing we will be welcoming into our family this April! Our son and daughter-in-law just called us last night to tell us that Mia will be having a little sister!


It's a girl!





Here she is in her sonogram picture ~ Jayden thinks she's praying!


Well, she looks like she's peacefully sleeping anyway.



Erik and Lori are thinking of naming her Sophie Rose. I hope they stick with that because I really like it. Actually, Erik & Lori want to name her Sophie, but Mia keeps saying, "Our baby's name is Rose"! So even though Mia's middle name is Rose they are thinking of also giving Sophie the middle name of Rose because Mia has just been so adamant that her name is Rose (we're lucky she's not getting a little brother because she said if it was a boy his name was going to be 'Shiny'!) ~ if they decide to stay with the name 'Sophie Rose' for this new little life, we'll have two little 'Rose' buds to love!


7 comments:

  1. What wonderful news!!! Congratulations on a new little addition to your family! A little girl ♥ I can only imagine how excited all of you are for April to come. What a lovely Thanksgiving post. You are truly a wonderful person Eileen and I am so glad I have gotten to know you. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news Eileen. I can see Mia with a little sis, two adorable girls that look like their beautiful Umma! I'm all for the middle name Rose. Thats my Katie's middle name. We call her Katie Rose! I love it! We have so much to be grateful for Eileen and I just want you to know how grateful I am that we have met and become friends! Have a blessed Thanksgiving day!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh another little girl! How very wonderful. Our 2 little granddaughters, coming into the world about the same time, will grow up together in blogland, right? It will be so fun to compare notes. Rose is the middle name of my granddaughter Elora. Sophie Rose was the name of one of the twins I had pictured on my blog on Nov. 7th! Must be a very popular name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Eileen to you and your beautiful family. May you have much love and laughter at your table tomorrow. Congratulations, a new baby girl, how precious and I love her name.....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how exciting! OH MY GOODNESS to beautiful little girls! Mia is going to be such a wonderful helpful big sister! I can't wait to see this new baby! AHHHH babies are such a blessing, what a wonderful Thanksgiving you had! love and hugs and smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing to be able to see the baby before she is born? Just amazing. I hope your Thanksgiving was full of love and warmth, oh, and food too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many things have happened to you!!! Wow! What a grand time you had! God Bless, dear friend!!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete